Digital X-Ray is a type of digital radiography technology that enables better diagnosis and treatment for oral diseases. It helps to view hidden areas of dental issues in the mouth that cannot be viewed through a normal dental examination. The dentists of the Tod Anderson DDS family and cosmetic dentistry use digital X-Ray to view the dental condition in detail and provide an immediate diagnosis of the patient.
Benefits of Digital X-Ray
- Digital X-Ray provides high-quality images which can be blown up in various sizes.
- It can be transferred digitally to any part of the world.
- The patient can store it digitally as well as print it.
- The level of radiation is less in digital X-Ray compared to traditional X-Ray.
- It enables real-time viewing of the dental condition.
- Digital X-Ray has less radiation compared to traditional X-Ray.
Methods of using Digital X-Ray
The dentists have three major methods of acquiring images through Digital X-Ray.
- Direct Method: The electronic sensor is placed directly inside the mouth and the images of the mouth are captured.
- Indirect technique: An X Ray film scanner is used to view traditional dental X-Ray as digital images
- Semi Indirect digital techniques: A sensor and a scanner are combined together which helps to convert the X Ray into a digital film.
Process of Digital X-Ray
The dentist begins the dental X-Ray procedure by inserting the sensor into the mouth. The images of the teeth and specific areas in the mouth are captured through the process. It views gum diseases, cysts, tumours and other dental abornmalities in the mouth. The dentist can also view the images instantly by connecting them to a projector or any visual system.
Many images required can be captured through the Digital X Ray system and can be printed immediately for reference. The patient can also transfer the images immediately to other dentists for quick insight regarding the dental condition.
In case of emergency situations, dental X-Ray enables immediate viewing that enables quicker diagnosis and treatment. The patient does not require any preparation time for the procedure.
At Tod Anderson DDS family and cosmetic dentistry, located in Los Gatos, CA, the dentists use the latest technologies that aid in better treatment for the patients. Dial (408) 540-7813 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dental technologies and to avail a complete dental checkup for you and your family.