ORTHODONTICS IN LOS GATOS
Tooth misalignments, impacted, and missing teeth are dental problems that may affect the appearance of the person. Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that enables the treatment of such dental conditions through various dental procedures. It improves the overall oral health of the patient.
At Tod Anderson DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry in Los Gatos, we are experienced in providing orthodontic treatment to our patients who wish to have straighter teeth, a nicer-looking smile, and better chewing function. Each patient's individual needs are taken into account and carefully evaluated. Not all orthodontic treatment options are good for each patient. Dr. Anderson will make sure that the option you choose is the best for you! There are various types of treatment like retainers, clear aligners, braces, expanders, and bumpers that help to straighten the teeth.
Symptoms that you may require Orthodontic Treatment
- Bite Conditions:You may have several bite issues in which the upper and lower jaws don't line up properly. This can include an overbite, an underbite, a crossbite, and an open bite.
- Misplaced Midline: Some people have a misplaced midline, where the center of the upper and lower teeth does not line up in place.
- Crowding:Sometimes, there might not be enough room in the mouth for all the teeth and it may overcrowd the mouth.
- Rotated Teeth:: Sometimes when a tooth erupts into the mouth it may be rotated 30 degrees or in some cases, even more. This can be corrected with orthodontics.
- Spacing: There can be gaps between the teeth as the teeth may not fill up the space.
Treatments under Orthodontics
There are various types of Orthodontic dental appliance that helps to resolve several dental conditions. The two most preferred type of oral appliance has been provided below.
- Braces: Braces are a common choice for aligning the teeth in the desired position. Bands, wires, and brackets are used to attach the braces to the teeth. It applies pressure on the teeth, which gradually helps to push the teeth to their position.
- Invisalign: It is the most convenient type of orthodontic dental appliance. Invisalign functions like braces but are virtually invisible. It can be removed while eating, brushing, and flossing, making it an appropriate choice for patients.
Aftercare Required for the Orthodontic Treatment
Routine dental visits are mandatory after the treatment. The tightening of the braces aid in shaping the teeth in the desired manner. Aligners need to be changed as per instructions which helps to provide effective outcomes. Regular care like brushing and flossing the teeth should be continued. Use of mouthwashes is also advised to keep steer of bacteria in the mouth.
Tod Anderson DDSfamily and cosmetic dentistry facilitate the best service for patients with the help of expert dentists. Dial (408) 540-7813 and book an appointment with the dentist to know more about orthodontic treatments and receive a complete dental checkup for you and your family.