Porcelain bridges are dental appliances that replace one or more missing teeth in the mouth. It is an effective restorative treatment that provides aesthetic correction to the patient. Porcelain bridges are customized to match the color of the natural tooth. At Tod Anderson DDS family and cosmetic dentistry, the patients receive appropriate care while being treated with porcelain bridges.
Eligibility for Porcelain Bridges
- If the patient has one or more missing teeth in their mouth, they are eligible for porcelain bridges.
- The patient should have overall good dental health if they prefer this treatment.
- Strong bone structure is mandatory for the porcelain bridge.
- Patients who want to use their dental implants to support porcelain bridges
- If the patient requires a permanent fixture in place of the missing teeth, the patient can choose the procedure.
Benefits of Porcelain Bridges
- Porcelain bridges restore the aesthetic appearance of the person.
- It helps to fix speaking impairments caused by tooth loss.
- The treatment prevents the teeth from shifting from their places.
- Porcelain bridges preserve the natural shape of the face.
- It helps in restoring the functionality of the tooth.
The Porcelain Bridge Procedure
The dentist begins the procedure by providing a dental checkup for the patient. After proper diagnosis, a treatment plan is finalized for the patient. The dentist then uses a digital imaging system to take the measurements of the teeth that are adjacent to the missing tooth. An appropriate shade of color that matches the adjacent teeth is selected for the dental appliance. The measurements and color choice are then sent to the laboratory to be the basis for the fabrication of the bridge. Meanwhile, the dentist places a temporary crown in place until the next dental appointment.
During the second appointment at the dentistry, the patient is provided local anesthesia. The fabricated porcelain bridge is placed after removing the temporary crown. The dentist uses dental cement to fix the bridge in its place. Final adjustments, if any, are made to provide good functionality to the porcelain bridge.
Porcelain is an excellent material for bridges as it aids in providing better durability than other materials. It does not wear off or damage quickly and remains in good condition when good dental health practices are followed.
Tod Anderson DDS family and cosmetic dentistry have expert dentists who can provide effective dental treatments to our patients. Call us at (408) 540-7813 and schedule an appointment with the dentistry to know more about porcelain bridges and other dental treatments.